We enjoyed some fun, relaxing, casual fellowship with dear friends this past weekend. It was a great opportunity to catch up, regroup, and (as always…) eat some amazing food (it’s a great strength of ours). 🙂
Often, a good rule-of-thumb when hosting guests, or bringing food to an event, is not to try new recipes. Go to your tried-and-true stash, and work from that. However, when you’re as close with your guests as we are to these friends, it’s actually the perfect time for creativity. So, we did a mixture of both. Here are some things you would have found in the kitchen:
- White Chocolate Cherry Cream Cheese Dip + Ritz Crackers
- Red Current Jelly in Mascarpone + Rosemary Crackers
- Double Chocolate Cookies (I don’t know what they were, but they were life changing. LOL)
- White Castles (Hey, they’re quick, easy, ready-to-go, and strangely delicious once in awhile.)
- Puff Pastry, Filled with Apple Butter and Cheddar Cheese (Delicious.)
- Salsa + Fresh Cilantro and Chips
Most of these foods you can keep on hand for those last-minute get-togethers. Keep a box of good crackers stashed away, a block of cream cheese in the fridge drawer, and a couple of topping/mix-ins options (pepper jelly is a good one…), and you’re good to go!
What do you like to do for delicious finger foods?