Today we wrap up our series reviewing 11 fashion rules, based on THIS article. The last rule concerns wearing boots with dresses… To break or not to break?
- No White After Labor Day
- Don’t Mix Prints
- No Heels for Tall Girls
- Your Handbag and Shoes Should Not Match
- Ditch the Mom Jeans
- Designer Bags are the Only Way to Go
- Don’t Mix Metals
- Don’t Wear Brown and Black Together
- Don’t Mix Casual with Dressy
- No Denim on Denim
- Don’t Wear Boots with Shorts or Dresses
11) I believe that the combination of boots and dresses is legitimate, under the right circumstances. However, I may be somewhat biased. I live way back on dirt roads in the Middle of Nowhere, TN, and have always lived within an hour and a half of Nashville. Boots are very normal, standard footwear. If it is a truly formal event, then I think the ladies should probably opt for pumps. But, even then, I think the gentlemen can wear well-shined black boots with their suits.
What do y’all think?