Today we cover all but the last fashion rule from THIS article. To break them, or not to break them?
- No White After Labor Day
- Don’t Mix Prints
- No Heels for Tall Girls
- Your Handbag and Shoes Should Not Match
- Ditch the Mom Jeans
- Designer Bags are the Only Way to Go
- Don’t Mix Metals
- Don’t Wear Brown and Black Together
- Don’t Mix Casual with Dressy
- No Denim on Denim
9) This is something of a tough one, in my opinion. I am really not a fan of the formal tulle skirts paired with graphic t-shirts, and such. However, I really like some of the lace + denim combos, and looks along those lines. But, I think when you pair casual and dressy, the outfit cannot be considered actually dressy. It may be a notch above your everyday casual, but it is not really formal/dressy.
I pair casual and dressy all the time for performances with our band. So, in some settings, and in some cases, I am in favor of the look.
What are your thoughts on this one?
10) I really think (and have always thought) that denim can be worn with denim, as long as the color contrast is there (light denim with dark denim, etc.).
What do you think?