Today brings us to fashion rules numbers 7 and 8 from THIS article… To break or not to break?
- No White After Labor Day
- Don’t Mix Prints
- No Heels for Tall Girls
- Your Handbag and Shoes Should Not Match
- Ditch the Mom Jeans
- Designer Bags are the Only Way to Go
- Don’t Mix Metals
- Don’t Wear Brown and Black Together
7) I love to go classic with style. And honestly, I think gold and silver together CAN be classic. In fact, the ring I am wearing right now was my grandmother’s, and has both gold and silver. I love it, and think it is a beautiful piece of classic jewelry. 🙂
What do y’all think? Should they be paired? Are they better separate? Can they be classic combined?
8) In my opinion, brown and black can absolutely be worn together. However, I would want to make sure that the contrast between the colors is very definite. Just as in the case of wearing blue and black, for instance: I love some blues with black, but have never gone for the navy + black look. It always strikes me as, “Oops. Your closet has poor lighting, so you accidentally chose the navy instead of the matching black…”.
Below are a few examples of black and brown together.
What do you think?