Seeing as I am preparing to attend an out-of-state wedding (and am, therefore, trying to figure out what to pack) , I thought I would share a few lines of excellent advice (counter-advice?) from Emily Post’s site.
Guest Fashion Faux Pas
- Clothing that’s too skimpy or overtly provocative.
- Costumes, except when you’ve been expressly asked to dress to the wedding theme.
- Blue jeans and T-shirts.
- Baseball or sports caps; large fashion hats that block other guests’ view of the ceremony (see photo).
- Casual shoes or boots with formal or semiformal outfits.
- Sunglasses worn indoors (except for a legitimate medical reason).
- Boutonnieres or corsages unless supplied by the hosts.