Here is a recipe for one of our all-time favorite Christmas traditions. You will need a cookie press for this one, and probably some Christmas music. Enjoy!
- 1 cup shortening } Cream
- 3/4 cup sugar } Add gradually.
- 1 egg } Add; beat well.
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour \
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder } Sift together, then add to shortening mixture.
- 1 dash salt /
- 1 teaspoon almond extract } Add to mixture.
- Green food coloring } Add to mixture (optional)
- Green and/or red sprinkles (optional)
Fill cookie press; press onto baking sheets. Add sprinkles, if desired.
Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes.